5.29.2012

Round two

So mama and I love eggs. And you know my thing with treats. And then we can't get enough of r&r in picturesque parks. Naturally, all of this adds up to round two: doing things a second time. Yesterday, we decided to take a "day off" and revisit some of the places we loved. We headed to Saint-Germain Des Pres for another egg lunch at Coco & Co, and again, we left completely satisfied. Mama had her eggs florentine, and I tried the omelette with tomato confit and salmon. No empty stomachs or sad faces here. Our next round two stop was the Luxembourg garden. Sat under some trees, did a little writing, and followed some pigeons on their merry route. Perfect way to spend a beautiful afternoon. And then there was my treat. Yes, people, I returned to Pierre Herme for more indulgence. But seriously, though, how do you have a treat from Pierre during the middle of your trip and not end it with that same perfection? You don't! And that's why I walked in, ordered my macarroons for the last days of our trip, and not once doubted my decision. Who says you can't be a regular on vacation? We'll try to be a little more exciting next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment