5.26.2012

Pardon me for being x-rated

Let me preface by saying this post may be a little provocative - raunchy, if you will. But before you go, let me explain. Mama and I just finished eating the best - yes, people, the BEST - desserts we've ever eaten in our lives. If I may be so bold, it was orgasm in the form of taste. Between the moans and finger-licking, you'd think something intimate was going on. Nope, it was just me and mama savoring every last bit of our desserts from Pierre Herme, the "Chanel" of dessert places. Standing in line, choosing our prey, was like browsing through Tiffany...only better! Picture-perfect desserts were lined in glass cases, with the employees dressed in suits. When it was my turn to order, I froze. What in the heck do you order at a place like that? So I did what any menstruating girl would do...I ordered 4 desserts! For mama, a strawberry and pistachio tart. For me, a mille feuille (layers of hazelnut cream, dark chocolate, and custard between sheets of pastry), a large chocolate macarroon, and 4 small macarroons (dark chocolate; peach, apricot and saffron; rose petal; and chocolate caramel). The latter have yet to be eaten. Okay, enough of the dessert fornification. Before our treats, we ate lunch at a place I had been eager to try...Coco & Co. A tiny hole-in-the-wall, this place is all about eggs. Omelettes, scrambled, oven-baked...you name it. After choosing the preparation, you choose the ingredients you want mixed in. And the best part...the eggs are French-prepared, which i believe, have been perfected. Mama ordered eggs florentine and I chose scrambled with salmon, eggplant, and basil. Again, it was food orgasm, only this time contained since we were in public. We strolled to the Luxembourg gardens and people-watched, then made our way to the Tuileries gardens for more relaxation. Yes, there is pattern forming here...walk, eat, sit in a park, then walk to the next place we're going to eat. Life here is good. BUT hold the phone! I haven't even told you about our love affair with the Eiffel tower yesterday. Mama and I packed our picnic of baguette, salami, artichokes, and fruit, and made our way to the Madame (in our case, Monsieur). When we exited the metro, we began walking in the direction of the tower's tip. But walking aside tall buildings, you lose site of the tower and begin guessing where to turn. I warned mama that it will take just one turn of a corner, and the tower will be there, posed in full site. And that's exactly what happened. Mama gasped. My heart sank. It was like falling in love all over again. We planted ourselves under a tree and anchored the site deep within our hearts. As we sat there, picnicking with the Eiffel tower in front, i felt like I could just die in that moment. On one side of me, i have this masterpiece of a tower, and on the other side, i have my best friend. (And then of course, a hunk of fresh baguette). It was a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment