1.01.2011

'tis a new year


i've never been one to make new year's resolutions for two reasons. first, why wait until january 1st to change something, begin something, end something, try something, etc? and second, some resolutions run the risk of disappointment. feelings of failure. hope for months to go by so a new year can begin again...with another resolution. 

but this year is different. for me, it marks a full year of firsts: first year out of school. first year with a career. first year through which i'm discovering myself as an adult. a woman. with this new year, i believe it is appropriate for me to acknowledge my goals - my resolutions - if you will. but i must note that these can happen at any time, any year, and with absolutely no room for disappointment. simply said, they are the "spices" that will deepen the flavors of the day.

in 2011 and in every year that follows, i resolve to...

  -- see more cities.
  -- try more dishes.
  -- dance more often.
  -- eat more meals in good company.
  -- get lost in more books.
  -- and just be present. find the rhythm and slow down. find it, slow it, and enjoy the people i love.

i have a feeling it's going to be a good year...a truly blessed year.

3 comments:

  1. Erica!

    I love this post because I think many of us can relate to all your resolutions and thoughts, especially finding our new identity as an adult. I enjoy all your posts!!! One of my new resolutions (for all year and many years to come) has been to reconnect with my spirituality. I was never lost, but being on an oncology floor I've learned that I need to be strong for myself and for my patients. Thanks for the continuous inspiration!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! Miss you dearest :)

    ReplyDelete